This dessert is not Bulletproof… And if I’m completely honest, you’d be better off having nothing than this, however, sometimes skipping dessert is a silly option so this one is a not-to-naughty treat. This at least has some protein and fat to keep you full for a while.
It’s my version of Chocolate Pudding and Cream and has a decent protein kick to keep you full.
I’ve adapted it from a recipe I saw on the Internet a while back to make it even lower in energy. Feel free to tweak the amounts to suit your taste but this is how I rock it.
Chocolate Protein Mug Pudding
- 1 tablespoon chocolate or vanilla protein powder (I like an Aussie Bodies one for this recipe, some mix better than others so you may need to try a few)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Natvia (This is a stevia based pretend “sugar”)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
Put everything in a large mug and stir it really well until it’s smooth.
Microwave for 30 seconds – Give or take a bit depending on your microwave. It should still have some uncooked chocolate sauce in it. Keep an eye on it as it cooks to make sure it doesn’t overflow until you get the exact time right.
Enjoy! Yep, that’s it.
While this tastes great straight out of the mug, if you want to add something extra… Might I suggest you keep reading…
Coconut Chia Pudding (AKA “cream”)
- 1 can reduced fat coconut milk (270ml)
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Mix everything in a bowl and put in the fridge overnight.
The chia seeds work some kind of magic and soften while thickening up the coconut milk. This can be kept in the fridge for a few days to serve a spoonful or two alongside your chocolate pudding.
While it might not be the prettiest dessert in the world. It tastes amazing. Make it and let me know what you think. xx